Google

Friday, March 7, 2008

Cardio Workout Balancing Act

Hi Ray, I know you are really busy, etc., but I do have your fat to fit book and I am just trying to refocus on my cardio workout / weights balancing act.

Female
45
5′3″
approx. 123lbs

(I am fairly lean, however, any weight I do carry is in my lower body and I find that if I can get under 120 my legs start really responding nicely to definition and “leanness”, I am not after bulky legs)
RHR: 46

I am within 5lbs of my desired body weight and would still like to burn more fat particularly off my legs as they are not nearly as defined as I would like! I am currently doing a split routine that allows me to do a leg workout 2x per week and upper body workout 2x per week. My question for you is how many cardio workouts should I do to drop the last bit of weight but to compliment the legs. I am extremely strong cardio workout wise as I have been a junkie for so long that my resting heart rate is now around 46 or so. My endurance allows me to do a cardio workout with incline training at 12/14 inclines for an hour at 80 to 90% heart rate. Do you think I should bring this down to 70 or 75%? Do you think there is truth to fat burning cardio workouts at lower heart rate levels?
Continue Reading »

No comments: